At 11:25 Deputy 65, TRK65, E65-1, E65-2, and U65 responded to 309 Mifflin St (Huntingdon Borough) for an odor of smoke in the residence. TRK65 arrived with nothing showing and began investigating. Crews found an extension cord running a space heater had burned a chunk of carpet in the residence. Crews check the area with a TIC and found no extension. On investigation crews found that the resident had no working smoke detectors. Crews took the time to install 2 new smoke detectors before clearing the box.